Tracheostomy & Suction Train the Trainer course is suitable for
Our 3 day Tracheostomy and Suction Train the Trainer courses are suitable for both health and social care workers who are new and experienced trainers. Delegates must be experienced in the chosen subject and demonstrate knowledge.
On the course delegates, will develop skills and knowledge to be able to work towards facilitating in house training sessions.
Aims of tracheostomy and suction train the trainer
The train the trainer course aims to develop skills and knowledge in training the chosen subject.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
- Understanding assessment in education and training Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Identify roles and responsibilities, relevant to the area of work, tracheostomy care and suction.
- Discuss accountability and consent
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Different types of tracheostomy
- Indications for tracheostomy
- Complications of tracheostomy
- Tracheostomy care: dressing change, suction, inner cannula change
- Communication and care of a patient with a tracheostomy tube
- Emergency tracheostomy management (resus) procedure and guidelines
- Practice by using a manikin
- Reflection and compassion
Tracheostomy and Suction Train the Trainer Assessment
Tracheostomy and Suction Train the Trainer Pre-course material will be sent out 1 month before course date (unless it’s a late booking and will be sent out ASAP).
Within this material delegates will be expected to of completed necessary sections to participate within the course. The portfolio of evidence will be built up before, during and after the course. A micro teach will be filmed on the last day. Peer and self-assessments will be part of the assessment process. Reflective diary and action plan. The portfolio of evidence can be handed in up to 6 months after the final day of the course.
The portfolio will be both subject and training evidence.
A Tracheostomy and Suction Train the Trainer certificate will be issued once completed portfolio of evidence has been received and assessed. The certificate will be enclosed with the portfolio and will be valid for 3 years.
- Trainer Pack
- Pen and notepad
- Discount voucher