Epilepsy and Buccal and Rectal Rescue Medication
Epilepsy Train the Trainer courses are over 3 days and suitable for both health and social care workers who are new and experienced trainers. Delegates must be experienced in the chosen subject and demonstrate knowledge.
On the course delegates, will develop skills and knowledge to be able to work towards facilitating in house training sessions.
Epilepsy Train the Trainer Aims
The epilepsy train the trainer course aims to develop skills and knowledge in training the chosen subject.
Train the Trainer
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- An introduction to epilepsy
- Causes and diagnosis
- Types of seizures (including management and first aid)
- Status epilepticus
- Treatments – medication and side effects
- Risk management and support needs
- What are emergency medications for epilepsy?
- Use for epilepsy and other conditions
- Indications for use
- Routes of delivery
- Possible difficulties
- Consequence of too much medication
- Action if ineffective
- Risk assessments
- Individual care plan
- Storage and disposal
- Duty of care
- Legal responsibilities
- Local policies
- Privacy and dignity
- Identify roles and responsibilities, relevant to the area of work and Rescue medication administration
Epilepsy Train the Trainer Assessment
Epilepsy Train the Trainer Pre-course material will be sent out 1 month before course date (unless it’s a late booking and will be sent out ASAP).
Within this material delegates will be expected to of completed necessary sections to participate within the course. The portfolio of evidence will be built up before, during and after the course. A micro teach will be filmed on the last day. Peer and self-assessments will be part of the assessment process. Reflective diary and action plan. The portfolio of evidence can be handed in up to 6 months after the final day of the course.
The portfolio will be both subject and training evidence.
A certificate will be issued once completed portfolio of evidence has been received and assessed. The certificate will be enclosed with the portfolio and will be valid for 3 years.
- Pre-course Material
- Portfolio/ Trainer Pack
- Pen and notepad
- Discount voucher
Distance Learning Option for Epilepsy Train the Trainer
You can purchase our distance learning pack which you can complete in your own time and convenience. We will be scheduling in days throughout the year for an assessment day where you will be required do do a micro-teach.
This can save costs on hotel, travel and may be easier to fit in around work.
- Micro teach
- Subject assignment
- Teaching Assignment
- Completed lesson plan
- Reflective diary
You can purchase the distance pack at any time during the year and then when ready book a date for your assessment.